Photo and Video Collection
2014 Choral Conference
Keynote Addresses - Archpriest George Johnson, Abbot Sergei (Shatrov), Georgiy Safonov.
Recent Parish Life
Great Friday and Pascha, 2015.
Award for Archpriest Alexander, 5 July 2013.
Patronal Feast, 2013.
Farewell to a member of the Choir, 24 June 2013.
Blessing of Kulich, Pascha 2013.
Great and Holy Friday, 2013.
Memorial service (requiem), Great Lent, 2013.
Holy Unction Service, Great Lent, 2013.
Pancakes on Cheesefare Sunday, 2013.
Sunday 6 January and Monday 7 January - Vigil and Liturgy for the Nativity of Christ.
Saturday 28 July 2012 - Russian food fair.
Patronal Feast, 2012.
The All Night Vigil and Divine Liturgy for Palm Sunday, 2012.
Easter Bazaar, 2012.
Service of Holy Unction, 2012.
First week of Great Lent, 2012.
Photos and video from the Theophany of Christ.
Photographs from the Nativity of Christ (January 2012) show the latest additions to the fresco icons of the church.
In November 2011 the miracle-working Kursk-Root Icon of the Sign visited Canberra.
Patronal Festivals in Recent Years
- The 2006 Patronal Festival. A description of the celebrations can be found on the ROCOR website.
- The 2007 Patronal Festival.
- The 2008 Patronal Festival, at which Deacon Alexander Borodin was ordained to the priesthood and Subdeacon Seraphim Slade was ordained to the diaconate. At this service the Danilov Monastery choir from Russia sang and the relics of the New Martyr St. Elizabeth were venerated.
- The 2009 Patronal Festival, at which Christopher Dowling was ordained (tonsured) to the office of Reader.
In December 2004 the parish hosted the annual Youth Conference for the diocese. A small selection of photographs is available:
- Sunday: Registration and molieben.
- Monday: Lectures.
- Tuesday: Lectures and barbecue.
- Wednesday: Lectures, visit to the Russian ambassador, tour of Canberra and Akathist.
- Thursday: Lectures and Talent Night.
- Friday: Lectures and the All Night Vigil.
- Saturday: Divine Liturgy and lunch.
In 2002 the parish celebrated its 50th Jubilee Year (1952-2002), although irregular services have been held in Canberra since the early 1940s, when Russians begain arriving in Canberra. Some photographs of the celebration of the Jubilee in 2002 are available in the Jubilee photograph collection.
The pre-1962 life of the parish covers the early years of its formation. If anyone has photographs of this era of the parish's life, we would be most grateful for copies of them.
Some photographs of the period from the consecration of the Church to 1998 are available in the history section of our website.
Also available are collections of photographs from the consecration of the Church in 1988, the anniversary of the conversion of Russia, the celebration of the feasts of Pascha and Pentecost, children from the parish school as well as some general photographs and postcards. Also of interest may be photographs from the archives of the parish school as well as some more recent photos from the school.